• Banner 1

    Course History

1859 - Charles Woodbury Discovered Gold in California, tried his hand at mining, did so for several years, and later sold his share to his partner. He then moved back to Plymouth, IN where he later married Matilda Vinall in 1868.
 
1870 - Charles Woodbury purchased the John J. Vinall farm and settled off of Michigan Road where the Course is currently at today.
 
1896 - Charles Woodbury died and the property was transferred to his daughter Margaret (Maggie) Woodbury. She and her brother John lived on the Woodbury farm for their entire lives.

1962 - Margeret passed away and Russell and Mary (Woodbury Thompson) Rush took ownership of the property.

1964 - Russell and Mary built the front 9 holes of the course naming it Rushmoor after the Moors of Scotland. In 1965 the housing developments began to be built on the front 9.

1975 - Brothers Donald and Paul Miller purchased the Property, built the back 9 holes, erected a fountain next to 4 green, and named the course Fountain Head. In the Early 1980’s- The City of Plymouth took over management of the course with the State Exchange Bank having ownership of the property.

1989 - Larry Nunemaker purchased the property with plans of development along Michigan Road.

1993 - Robert Booth of Kansas City, MO purchased the course and named it Plymouth Rock Golf Course.

2013 - Locally owned and operated business, ITAMCO, purchased the Plymouth Rock Golf Course. Many improvements were made across the course and inside the clubhouse.

2017 - Plymouth Rock Golf Course name changed to Woodbury Golf Course. The name pays homage to the original settlers of the golf course property.

Ready to Reserve your Spot?

Close
12641 7B Road, Plymouth, IN 46563 | Reservations: 574.936.4405|